Tuesday 16 January 2018

PLANNING: MAGAZINE COVER

In order to create my magazine cover, I have been researching a varity of well known film magazines to gain an idea of the magazine cover conventions that I must use for my film magazine. I decided that my Film Magazine will be entitled Shoot!. The reason I chose this name was to convey the term widely used for practical filming. My Magazine Cover is heavily inspired by various Entertainment Weekly magazine covers, primarily its August 2006 cover featuring Hugh Laurie in character as Gregory House in the main image. My magazine cover will feature the protagonist (PI Andrews) in the main image with a gun in his hand, looking towards the camera and taking up most of the space on the cover.


In order to construct my magazine cover, I will carry out a photoshoot to attain the main image against a white background so that it is easy to photoshop other images onto it. As most magazine covers use a Rule of Three when it comes to main colours, I will do the same, with my three colours being blue, white and yellow. I decided that my magazine cover will also feature genre conventions such as direct address, a tagline and additional information about the film.
Image result for entertainment weekly  2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME MODERATOR

Thomas Richards 1448 Claremont Fan Court School 64680 Welcome to my blog: I worked with Matthew Bowes 1468. I hope that you enj...